YoungFundr is the trading name of YoungFundr LTD, therefore any mentions of the “Site” is in accordance to the YoungFundr website.
YoungFundr LTD is a rewards-based crowdfunding platform connecting project owners with project backers (contributors).
There are two types of users on the site: project owners and project backers.
For project owners, there is an application process that must be submitted before sending the campaign over to the YoungFundr team to check before being published live. Therefore, there is no guarantee that campaigns will be posted on the site. The application will need to be filled out providing accurate and relevant information.
The application process is a great opportunity to check your campaign is not incorrect and is suitable for the site.
The second type of user is the project backer, who has the responsibility to carry out their own due diligence on a project before contributing towards it.
YoungFundr or any of its affiliates are not associated with any campaigns, therefore we are not to be held responsible for any issues that arise. These must be resolved by the project owner and project backers.
YoungFundr reserves the rights to change, modify or add to the Terms and Conditions at any time without notification. You will be responsible on regularly checking the Terms and Conditions.
2. Use of the Website:
The YoungFundr website in an online reward based crowdfunding platform allowing individuals to raise funds for their projects or contribute to a project. The creators of a project (project owners) can offer rewards to contributors, however these ‘rewards’ are not purchased but more seen as a gift. YoungFundr takes no responsibility of the quality, legitimateness or well-being of any campaign, reward or contribution. The projects backed by users are done so at their own risk.
You may NOT use the website if:
2.1: You wish to raise funds for illegal activities
2.2: Not the legal age to commit to a contract with YoungFundr.
2.3: You wish to raise funds to assist any form of illegal activities
2.4: You wish to cause malicious harm to the YoungFundr website or any of its users
You are PROHIBITED to provide any of the below points as a ‘Reward’:
2.5: Alcohol (and any membership/vouchers offering physical delivery of alcohol.)
2.5.1: Profit sharing
2.5.2: Financial Incentives
2.5.3: Gambling or lottery
2.5.4: Weapons, weapon accessories or ammunition
2.5.5: Any products, services that promotes death, hate, discrimination, injury or destruction of property.
2.5.6: Shares in any company.
2.5.7: Controlled substances and drugs
2.5.8: Human remains, such as skulls/bones.
2.5.9: Any forms of security.
3. Key Terms:
A Campaign – The web page showing what a business does and what they will use the target amount of money for.
A Campaign owner – The individual/team who is running the campaign.
A contributor – An individual who has given money to a campaign, with the intent of receiving a reward.
A project backer – An individual who has given money to a campaign, with the intent of receiving a reward.
Creating an account on YoungFundr is free.
There are two types of fees on the YoungFundr site that users will need to be aware of. There is a backer fee and a crowdfunding campaign success fee.
The backer fee is a 10% fee added onto a pledge. This fee is charged to a backer of a campaign.
The crowdfunding campaign success fee is a 4.4% +20p fee charged to the total successfully raised by a campaign owner and will automatically be deducted when successful transactions have been completed. This fee includes the 1.4%+20p stripe fees.
YoungFundr holds an all or nothing model therefore a fee will only be charged if the campaign hits its target amount.
Additionally, you are responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with your use of the YoungFundr site.
Project owners are responsible for refunds and returns. If you are a project owner, you have knowledge you are responsible for refunds and returns and that YoungFundr LTD is NOT responsible.
The YoungFundr team cannot be held responsible to any issues that may arise between the project owner and project backer. It is in the best interest that any issues are settled between the project owners and project backers. The YoungFundr team does not deal with the project owners personally and has no influence on their business. All contributions made on the YoungFundr website are passed onto campaign owners, minus fees, therefore refunds for contributions are to be sought from the campaign owners.
Additionally, any payment related issues will require you to speak to our payment provider directly to rectify any issues.
7. Modifying fees:
Rewards are set by campaign owners. YoungFundr has no control over what is offered as a reward, however it is within the YoungFundr discretion to remove any rewards that break out policies.
9. Intellectual Property:
The YoungFundr name, logos, icons, or any marks that resemble an identity of YoungFundr are part of the YoungFundr LTD brand, and so may not be used for personal or commercial use without the written consent of YoungFundr LTD.
10. Data Collection and usage:
How we collect personal data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Personal and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google Analytics, Segment and others based outside the EEA.
How personal information may be used:
Personal information may be collected and used for the following reasons:
- To verify the individual(s) behind a campaign are who they say they are and a brief look at the company before we decide whether to allow it to go live on our website.
- To verify payments: we will need to use the collected data to make sure all the payments go through successfully and correctly.
- In case of any suspicious activity: if we have a report of fraud or improper use of the website, we may use the collected data to investigate the individual/ campaign.
- Running a competition/promotion or survey.
- To send emails, newsletters or updates.
- We always want to improve the YoungFundr website/service therefore we may use customer feedback to develop our services.
- We may use collected data to deal with any enquiries or issues. This will improve our customer service.
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Additionally, the data collected will be shared if requested by the Government/regulation or financial regulatory board, or third-party businesses working on behalf of the Government.
- The personal data provided will be stored securely.
If an individual was to contact the YoungFundr team, we attain the right to keep a record of the incidence and the information contained from the discussion within our database.
We may use your personal data for marketing purposes and where we do, we will either do so with your consent, or where you are an existing client or customer and we believe it is to the benefit of your or our legitimate interests to contact you about certain subjects.
Retention of Data
YoungFundr LTD will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Disclosure Of Data
YoungFundr LTD may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of YoungFundr Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
YoungFundr LTD may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- To verify you or your business
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
11. Data Protection:
Users personal data is safely stored with the necessary security measures in place in order to protect the data, but also to restrict, any unauthorised access to whom may seek to tamper, alter or disclose our stored data.
Personal information provided on the website will be protected to prevent any unauthorised access.Any personal information no longer needed will be disposed of, in a secure and safe manner.
12. Other Websites:
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our website–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To see privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
- Google AdSense
- You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
- Facebook Ads
We use MailChimp to store details of individuals who have subscribed to the YoungFundr community, and have provided consent to us to send out marketing emails, newsletters and updates.
We may contact YoungFundr account holders for any important notices, however they will not receive any marketing material unless they have consented for us to do so.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services
13. Sharing Personal Information:
We may share personal information when contacting the individual via a third party application, or if requested by the court of law, or government officials, or regulation boards. We may also share generic information for data purposes, however we by no means will sell or trade or rent your personal information. Data may be shared with third party companies who may or may not be partnered with YoungFundr. Information supplied to us is only available to employees managing the information in order to send emails or newsletters
15. User Content:
YoungFundr reserves the rights to remove any content or accounts that do not perform to our Terms and Conditions.
YoungFundr reserves the right to reject any requests to send campaigns live, if we are not happy with the campaign or what the campaign owners are doing.
All content on an account will be the responsibility of the account owner, therefore all activity, including the creation of campaigns, video uploads, image uploads, data/information, rewards are the sole responsibility of the account holder.
Anything deemed illegal, obscene, defamatory, offensive, threatening, pornographic, infringement on an account or campaign will be removed and the account holder will be blocked.
An account holder must not share their passwords with others, unless they are involved with the campaign. If there is a situation of an account being hacked or being used without the consent of the account holder, then it is of importance to report it to the YoungFundr team, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
YoungFundr also does not allow for any content to be uploaded onto the website which has been subject to being threatening, part of an actual legal proceedings or any other similar complaints.
You also agree to:
- YoungFundr or anyone acting on our behalf using the content you have submitted, without any royalties with respect to your content.
- Not submit any content that you do not hold the copyright for.
- Acknowledge that if we use your content, we’re not violating anyone’s rights or copyrights.
16. Payment Platform:
The payment platform to be utilised by both project owners and project backers is Stripe.
YoungFundr does not guarantee the performance and fairness of the payment platform. Additionally, as there may be some failed transactions, YoungFundr cannot guarantee that the project owner will receive the full target amount.
Project owners and Project backers will need to comply with the payment platforms crowdfunding rules. Any violations to their rules will not be the responsibility of YoungFundr.
By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions you indemnify YoungFundr LTD and all members of the YoungFundr team, as well as any affiliated partners against any losses, damages, expenses, liabilities, legal actions, legal costs.
19. Acceptance of Terms:
Last Updated 24th May 2018