A Campaign – The web page showing what a business does and what they will use the target amount of money for.
A Campaign owner – The individual/team who is running the campaign.
A contributor – An individual who has given money to a campaign, with the intent of receiving a reward.
- Types of Data Collected
The personal information YoungFundr LTD collects is provided by the user voluntarily. There is no obligation for users to provide their personal information, however it may restrict functionality on the YoungFundr website.
The personal information we request are: Forename, Surname, email address, postal address, Stripe account details, Facebook information.
If you set up a campaign we may ask for the company address, company email, companies house number the name and email address of the director of the business or sole trader running the business, Tax code, DOB, Stripe account details. This information will be used to verify the campaign owner and business. Subsequently once verified this information will be deleted.
If you are not a sole trader or limited company, and are launching an individual project, we will require your full name, address, email address. This information will be used to verify the individual, but will be deleted once approved.
We also use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you, when you subscribe to the YoungFundr community.
We collect information on how the Service is accessed and used. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Profile Data includes any username and password, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences
- How we collect personal data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Personal and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google Analytics, Segment and others based outside the EEA.
- How personal information may be used:
Personal information may be collected and used for the following reasons:
- To verify the individual(s) behind a campaign are who they say they are and a brief look at the company before we decide whether to allow it to go live on our website.
- To verify payments: we will need to use the collected data to make sure all the payments go through successfully and correctly.
- In case of any suspicious activity: if we have a report of fraud or improper use of the website, we may use the collected data to investigate the individual/ campaign.
- Running a competition/promotion or survey.
- To send emails, newsletters or updates.
- We always want to improve the YoungFundr website/service therefore we may use customer feedback to develop our services.
- We may use collected data to deal with any enquiries or issues. This will improve our customer service.
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Additionally, the data collected will be shared if requested by the Government/regulation or financial regulatory board, or third-party businesses working on behalf of the Government.
- The personal data provided will be stored securely.
If an individual was to contact the YoungFundr team, we attain the right to keep a record of the incidence and the information contained from the discussion within our database.
We may use your personal data for marketing purposes and where we do, we will either do so with your consent, or where you are an existing client or customer and we believe it is to the benefit of your or our legitimate interests to contact you about certain subjects.
Retention of Data
YoungFundr LTD will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Disclosure Of Data
YoungFundr LTD may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of YoungFundr Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
YoungFundr LTD may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- To verify you or your business
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
- Updating personal information:
It is the sole responsibility of account holders/individuals to update their personal information when required. This is so we have the most up to date data, if there was a reason to get in contact.
If you are experiencing any issues in updating information please contact us.
- Sharing personal information:
We may share personal information when contacting the individual via a third party application, or if requested by the court of law, or government officials, or regulation boards. We may also share generic information for data purposes, however we by no means will sell or trade or rent your personal information. Data may be shared with third party companies who may or may not be partnered with YoungFundr. Information supplied to us is only available to employees managing the information in order to send emails or newsletters.
- Compromise of Personal Information:
In the event that personal information stored by the YoungFundr website is compromised, those affected will be contacted. However, from this point forward, YoungFundr LTD and the YoungFundr team are to be indemnified if there is a breach in personal information, whether it be unintentional or a security breach to the YoungFundr systems.
- Non-Personal information:
The YoungFundr website may collect non-personal information about users when they use the site. The non-personal information collected will be used for statistical purposes and will include: the browser name, the computer type, the operating system etc. Additionally, the non-personal information collected will give an indication as to what category you regularly view, hence the website shows more specific campaigns that may be of interest.
The data collected by the cookies on the YoungFundr website will be used to personalise the user experience with custom pages, but can also be used to remember site login information to ease the user experience.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visithttp://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on our website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
If you want to opt out of Facebook Pixel & Google Analytics, please visit:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- Data Protection:
Users personal data is safely stored with the necessary security measures in place in order to protect the data, but also to restrict, any unauthorised access to whom may seek to tamper, alter or disclose our stored data.
Personal information provided on the website will be protected to prevent any unauthorised access.
Any personal information no longer needed will be disposed of, in a secure and safe manner.
- Third Party Websites:
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our website–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To see privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
- Google AdSense
- You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
- Facebook Ads
We use MailChimp to store details of individuals who have subscribed to the YoungFundr community, and have provided consent to us to send out marketing emails, newsletters and updates.
We may contact YoungFundr account holders for any important notices, however they will not receive any marketing material unless they have consented for us to do so.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
- Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. YoungFundr LTD aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where YoungFundr Limited relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Contact Us:
- Acceptance of terms:
Last Updated: 24th May 2018